JCB Paint (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our website and our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
JCB Paint is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data
Postal Address: QXE Barns, Oxpens Farm, Yanworth, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 3QE
Telephone number: +44 (0)330 113 0002
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
The types of personal data we collect and process may include the following:
- Identity information, such as your name,
- Contact information, such as your address, e-mail address and phone number,
- Financial information, such as bank account details for payment purposes
- Technical information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about how you use our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
We do not knowingly collect ‘special category’ personal data. This is a special type of sensitive data to which more stringent processing conditions apply, and comprises data concerning your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life or sexual orientation and genetic data and / or biometric data.
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We obtain personal data about you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- fill out a form on our website jcbpaint.com
- ask us to provide you with our services
- contact us over the phone, via email or face-to-face
- enter any competitions or take part in any surveys we might run
We also use automated technologies. When you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Usage Data and Technical Data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use one or more of the following as our lawful basis for using your personal data:
Contractual necessity this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.Information you give to us.
Consent – If you have never used our services, but have given us your explicit consent to hear from us about our services, promotions or events that we consider may be of interest to you, we will contact you by email. You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time either by contacting us using one of the methods detailed in the contact section or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email we send.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we use your personal data, with the legal basis we rely on to do so.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; (contractual necessity)
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; (legitimate interest)
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us (legitimate interest)
- to notify you about changes to our service (legal obligation)
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; (legitimate interest)
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; (legitimate interest)
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; (legitimate interest)
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; (legitimate interest, legal obligation)
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.(legitimate interest)
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes set out in this policy:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- email and mail service providers such as, CampaignMonitor who we use for sending emails campaigns;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- technical and support partners, such as companies who host our website and who provide technical support;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If JCB Paint or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JCB Paint our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At the end of the retention period we will either delete your data completely or in some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
Under the UK data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability), where applicable, i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We hope that you will be satisfied with the way in which we approach and use your personal data.
Should you find it necessary, you have a right to raise a concern with the information regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.
However, we do hope that if you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal data, you will contact us in the first instance using the contact details in section 1 above, so that we have an opportunity to resolve it.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|_ga, _gid,||These are a selection of cookies used by Google Analytics. Maximum expiry time 2 years|
|_atuvc, atuvs, loc, mus, ouid, uid, uvc, cw_id||These are a selection of cookies used by the addthis.com service to allow sharing of articles. Maximum expiry time 1 year|
|GPS, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC||These are a selection of cookies used by YouTube. Maximum expiry time 2 years.|
|hjIncludedInSample, _hssrc, _hstc, mp_6d7c50ad560e01715a871a117a2fbd90_mixpanel
|These cookies are used by the HotJar behaviour tracking platform. Maximum expiry time 2 years|
|hubspotutk||This cookie is used by the Hubspot platform to track users on the HotJar behaviour tracking platform. Maximum expiry time 10 years|
|WordPress_test_cookie||This is a WordPress test cookie. Expires at end of each session|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.